I love us :)

I love us :)

Friday, August 8, 2008

Quick Post

Ok, so here is a quick update. On Wednesday it was our 3rd wedding anniversary! Cool huh. It was fun. Grandma Pollard babysat while Justin and I went to eat at Red Lobster. It was good but I don't want seafood for a while. I got him a new wallet and believe me he needed it! His old one is the one he bought at 16 and is falling apart and ruins all his credit cards. So now he finally has a new one. And he got me Next and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (the new one) on HDDVD. So that is pretty exciting. Then the other news I have is that I finished Breaking Dawn on Wednesday and I LOVED it. I thought she did a really good job with the characters and closing the story. I also like Bella much better in this book, she wasn't as annoying to me. Last night I read some message boards about it and they were awful. A lot of people were commenting on how she was pushing Mormonism in this book. I was getting so mad at the ignorant comments I wanted to cry. I love some of the messages that she put in the book that are LDS beliefs but are also taught by many other faiths. Some of these messages were abstinence before marriage, the importance of family, the importance of self-control, and the unselfish nature of true love. I absolutely was so glad that she ended it the way she did. And on another important note I am so grateful that I am a member of the LDS church. I love the Gospel and the strength and happiness it brings to my life. I am sad for people that preach tolerance while denigrating and mocking the faith of others and furthermore accusing them of intolerance simply because we do not agree with their choices. What a light the Gospel is in a darkening world!! Those who truly seek will find. Anyways I love you all!

1 comment:

Heather K said...

I have only 100 pages left and I am stretching it out and enjoying it on my time. The house has stayed cleaner too. I have been suprised and excited so far in the book. TTL about it! See you soon in Ideyho!