I love us :)

I love us :)

Sunday, June 1, 2008

our adventure

Ok, so we have had a stressful couple of days. On Friday Brynlyn started acting weird. She didn't want to sleep in her playpen and she hasn't had a problem with that in a while. Then when we woke up she was hot with a fever. I gave her some Tylenol and apart from being fussier than usual she seemed ok. Then Friday night was completely miserable. I was home by myself and probably got about 4 hours of sleep. She was drooling so bad and just wasn't herself. By noon on Saturday I realized that she had only eaten 4 ounces of formula which is completely weird for her. She is my pig! And I took her temp again and it was 101.1! I gave her some more Tylenol and tried to get her to eat more, but every time I tried she would just scream. By about 10pm we called our doctors hotline and the doctor on call said to take her to an Urgent Care. So off we went to the Urgent Care on Higley and Southern. We got there about 10:45 and they closed at 11 so we were lucky. The doctor examined her and found the problem. She has stomatitis which is basically a bunch of canker sores in the back of her mouth. There are like 4 and they are really inflamed and that's why she didn't want to swallow and was drooling so bad. The doctor said it's a virus that's been going around lately and will clear up in a few days. She recommended Pedialyte and so we went to Walmart at midnight and got some. So far today that is all she will drink. She won't take any formula but she will take the Pedialyte so she isn't too dehydrated. And the doctor said to not worry if she loses a little weight because she weighed in at 14 lbs. 7 oz. last night which means that in 3 weeks she's gained 1.5 lbs. What a huge baby!!! Anyways I was just so glad to find out what was hurting my baby. It is so hard on Moms to see their baby in pain and not know why! So she should be fine in a few days and I am so glad that it wasn't anything more serious!

1 comment:

spice2116 said...

so sad, hope she gets to feeling better