I love us :)

I love us :)

Friday, August 27, 2010

Random Thoughts

So, let me describe my typical day this last week or so. Bryn wakes me up at about 8:30am, usually by yelling "mama" very loudly until I give up, go in there and get her out of her crib. Then we watch some PBS and Bryn takes off all her clothes so that she can be ready if she has to make it the 3 feet to her potty in the family room. Then every 30 minutes all day I am emptying her potty and making her wash and reassembling the potty. And she has been good about always going in the potty, but especially if her tummy is hurting her I spend a lot of time just being with her while she sits in the bathroom. She also demands that her books go with her and she will sit on her 'throne' and read them. It is cute and exhausting work as well. I still haven't really taken her out into public without a diaper because I really don't want to clean up a huge pee puddle but we will eventually get there. Man, potty training is hard work for moms!! I swear that it will be worth it, but in the meantime it is so draining. And life for us is filled with callings and not much else. I have been craving weird food, but I made an awesome chinese chicken salad yesterday and I just thought I would share the recipe, so here goes. I got it off of cooks.com and here is the link: http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1662,138191-246199,00.html. I changed it a little bit though. I used 1 Tablespoon of regular sugar and I used 1/2 spinach and 1/2 regular salad mix. I also added crunchy chow mein noodles. It was pretty good, I ate a lot of it. Too bad it isn't all that healthy, but at least it tasted really good. This pregnancy has been funny, I have craved mexican and chinese. With Bryn I stuck with pretty bland typical foods and I ate a lot of pumpkin stuff (pie, cookies, ice cream, etc). It is weird how different 2 pregnancies can be! And that is all I can think of for now. Bye!

1 comment:

Jamie W. said...

That's why when I potty trained my kids it felt like such an accomplishment!! Good luck on the potty training, I'm sure she'll get it down super fast, that girl is smart. I just spent a week of not going anywhere and got it done. That's going to be nice having a little break with no diapers!!

And yummy chicken salad, thanks now at 10 at night I'm craving that. : )